[FC7] Unnecessary directories in $HOME

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jun 2 05:06:58 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-01 at 14:41 +0200, Boris Glawe wrote:
> Each time, I log in I have directories, like "Pictues", "Music", etc.
> I have my own way to sort my files, I don't need gnome's advice for
> that!

I'm glad to see that it can be undone.  I, too, find it annoying to have
the homespace cluttered with things (Mail and Maildir annoy me - you
don't usually access the files within directly, put them somewhere out
of the way).  On top of that, why, on a case-sensitive file system, did
someone decide that they needed to capitalise the directory names?
Grrr.  That just makes for more awkward typing.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.