Open TCP Port -> Write Bytes -> Wait-> Close Port = Nothing Out?

fredex fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Sat Jun 2 13:07:41 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 07:54:52PM -0600, Lance Drake wrote:
> Hi Fedora Folks,
>
> Any idea why, when I successfully open a TCP:PORT connection - write
> bytes into the port - wait PLENTY of time - Close Port - that nothing
> leaves ?
>
> The exact same code (from within a duplicate JBoss deployment
> situation) runs on my Mac system - but does not work on Fedora...
> hmmmm...
>
> Any ideas on how to prove/locate where the bytes-ball gets dropped?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Lance Drake

Don't know the first thing about java/jboss/whatever. But if you can't
get it working, you may wish to try sniffing the network itself with
ethereal/wireshark. It can take a bit of effort to write a suitable
filter rule to use with that program, but it also can be worth the
trouble. it's a great tool.

                       I can do all things through Christ
                              who strengthens me.