iwl3945 on a Dell Inspiron 6400

Agustin Barto abarto at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 13:48:38 UTC 2007

I can't get the wireless to work on my Dell Inspiron 6400 with F7. It
worked just fine on F6 with the ipw3945 module (and regulatory
daemon). Also, the killswitch doesn't work and dellWirelessCtl doesn't
seem to be working either.

Here's the output of dellWirelessCtl -i

[abarto at roadrunner ~]$ sudo dellWirelessCtl -i
Password:
Libsmbios version      : 0.13.6
dellWirelessCtl version: 0.3.0
Wireless Info:
        Hardware switch not supported
        WiFi Locator not supported
        Wireless Keyboard not supported
        NVRAM Size: 0 bytes
        NVRAM format version: 0

Radio Status for WLAN:
        WLAN supported
        WLAN installed
        WLAN enabled
        Status Code: 0

Radio Status for Bluetooth:
        Bluetooth supported
        Bluetooth not installed
        Bluetooth disabled
        Status Code: 2

Radio Status for WWAN:
        WWAN not supported
        Status Code: 3

Wireless Switch Configuration
        WLAN switch control on
        Bluetooth switch control off
        WWAN switch control off
        switch config not locked
        WiFi locator disabled
        WiFi Locator config not locked

BIOS Boot-time settings (new interface):
        Wireless_Switch_Cellular_Control_Enable: (NOT SUPPORTED)
        Wireless_Switch_Cellular_Control_Disable: (NOT SUPPORTED)
        Wireless_Switch_Bluetooth_Control_Enable: 0
        Wireless_Switch_Bluetooth_Control_Disable: 1
        Wireless_Switch_Wireless_LAN_Control_Enable: 1
        Wireless_Switch_Wireless_LAN_Control_Disable: 0
        WiFi_Locator_Enable: (NOT SUPPORTED)
        WiFi_Locator_Disable: (NOT SUPPORTED)
        Cellular_Radio_Enable: (NOT SUPPORTED)
        Cellular_Radio_Disable: (NOT SUPPORTED)
        Bluetooth_Devices_Enable: 0
        Bluetooth_Devices_Disable: 1
        Wireless_LAN_Enable: 1
        Wireless_LAN_Disable: 0

BIOS Boot-time settings (old interface):
        Radio_Transmission_Enable: (NOT SUPPORTED)
        Radio_Transmission_Disable: (NOT SUPPORTED)
        Wireless_Device_Disable: (NOT SUPPORTED)
        Wireless_Device_App_Control: (NOT SUPPORTED)
        Wireless_Device_App_Or_Hotkey_Control: (NOT SUPPORTED)