Installing F7 by CD and not by DVD

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 18:52:50 UTC 2007

On 6/2/07, Stanley A. Klein <sklein at cpcug.org> wrote:
> I have a 500 Mhz Pentium machine that runs FC5 very well.  I installed it
> using the multi-CD set.
>
> I can NOT put a DVD drive on the machine, because the minimum speed for
> DVD drives is around 800 Mhz, based on all the drive boxes I looked at
> when I investigated the matter.

BUNK!!  600MHz was the speed Microsoft recommended for playing back
movies. If you have a high end graphics card you can even play back
movies with a lower speed processor. You don't need that speed if you
are using the DVD for data!.  My AMD K6-2 450 MHz system has not
encountered any problems with installing software from a DVD drive.

> The only way I can do an install of F7 equivalent to what I now have with
> FC5 is to have a multi-CD equivalent of the DVD.  Is there any place I can
> download it?  I haven't found one.  If I have a machine elsewhere that can
> read DVD's (and I do) is there a way for me to make the same kind of
> multi-CD set I need from the DVD?
>
> Or has the Fedora Project, in its wisdom, decided to abandon people like
> me as users?
>

> Stan Klein

[snip]