wireless radio question

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 21:27:43 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-06-02 at 12:21 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Saturday 02 June 2007, Ric Moore wrote:
> >On Sat, 2007-06-02 at 11:42 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >> So step #1 is turning it back on.  What tool is used, and how is this
> >> accomplished?
> >
> >Is there a service that can be turned on in /etc/rc.d/init.d that
> >relates to your device?
> >
> Not that jumps out and says "here I am"
>
> >Trouble shooting with a shotgun, Ric
>
> Chuckle, I tend to use a "P. O. Ackley 30-06 Improved" myself, better pinpoint
> accuracy that way. :-)

Don't you need something like network manager to be enabled at boot?
<BOOM!> What did I hit?

Ha! Reminds me of my step-dad who has this neighbor in need of repacking
his mental bearings. This character has about 50 cats, and I noticed
that there were no birds to be heard, while living miles and miles out
in the country. Nary a chirp nor a warble. So, he gets irate and one
night I thought I spied one of those cats in the backyard (about 20
acres worth)

So he grabbed his shotgun and let loose a volley of birdshot. Nothing
moved or ran away. So we hit it with the flashlight ...it was Mom's
planter, all filled with buckshot. We said nothing. :) Ric