strange shutdowns with F7

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Sat Jun 2 23:11:43 UTC 2007

On Sat June 2 2007, Ric Moore wrote:
> > I booted back into F7 - it was up
> > and running and I went back to the this machine (I'm on a KVM) - a few
> > minutes later, the F7 machine went dead - you know the sound a sort
> > of 'klunk' and then silence. I wasn't on the machine either time. Anyone
> > else seeing this?
>
> My machine, just after I bought it, did the same thing. I would suggest
> that you have a weakening power supply and that the install process
> pushed it over the edge. I'm assuming this isn't a laptop. Ric

I don't think so, though I considered it. It's been up all day - I just got
home from a shoot, running XP. As mentioned, I installed Scientific Linux on
it just last week, and it ran for days after that. I'm going to boot back
into F7 and see if I can catch what's going on

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA