Fedora 7

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Sun Jun 3 01:10:07 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

>> It is a serious weakness of Fedora, in my view,
>> that there is no proper attempt to get feedback on this issue.
>> (Bugzillas are only used by a tiny proportion of users.)
>
> Since this is just guess work what would you consider a "proper" attempt
> to get feedback on thousands of packages other than bugzilla,irc or
> mailing lists?

It would be perfectly simple to have a feedback form
with a number of checkboxes,
eg "Did you have any problems installing?" [Yes or No],
If Yes, ask a small number of questions
to establish where the problem occured.
"Did you install KDE or Gnome?"
"Did you update or do a clean install?"

If it were slightly more sophisticated
the program could probably ascertain the computer in use.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366