Installing F7 by CD and not by DVD

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Sun Jun 3 01:23:57 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> There are several choices here:
>
> Use the Live CD images
>
> Use the boot.iso/rescue.iso and do a network installation from
> http/ftp/nfs
>
> Use boot.iso/rescue.iso, put the DVD image in the hard disk in one
> partition and install it another partition.

There are several choices, I agree.
(I am using one of them.)
But this does not alter the fact that
the decision to drop the CD installation set
was completely incomprehensible, to me at least.

You might as well put up a banner reading,
"Don't install Fedora if you are a home user.
Try Ubuntu instead."

Surely the aim should be to make it as easy as possible
for as many people as possible to install Fedora.
It is not meant to be an obstacle race.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366