F 7 and ipw2200BG Problems

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Sun Jun 3 13:17:15 UTC 2007

On Sun, 3 Jun 2007, Leo wrote:

> ----- Matthew Saltzman (2007-06-03) wrote:-----
>
>> On Sat, 2 Jun 2007, Ed Landaveri wrote:
>>
>>> Tom,
>>> Have you tried to install the ipw2200firmware rpm? It'll work. Get
>>> it from freshrpms.net
>>
>> No need.  It's actually in F7 for a (nice) change
>> (ipw2200-firmware-3.0-9).  My ipw2200 was configured perfectly during
>> the install--first time that's ever happened.
>
> ipw2200-firmware is in livna, no?

No longer.  It's on the DVD (must be on the live CD, too), and:

     $ yum search ipw2200-firmware

     ipw2200-firmware.noarch                  3.0-9                  fedora

     ipw2200-firmware.noarch                  3.0-9                  installed

As I said, configured out of the box in my fresh install.
--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu