F7: unable to upgrade from FC6 (weird hdaX errors)

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Sun Jun 3 19:51:06 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram writes:

> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes/f7/en_US/sn-Installer.html#id3152635

The GRUB instructions are broken.  The correct grub parameter syntax is
really:

root=LABEL=[label]

Also, the installation notes should point people to e2label, for relabeling
the volumes.

Also, it's not clear to me how this works with /dev/md.  blkid shows me both
the RAID devices and the underlying physical disks.  Using e2label on
/dev/mdX seems to fixate the label to the /dev/mdX device only, and the
underlying disks are not touched, so I'm guessing that this would work,
right?