F7 looking [not so] good here.

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jun 3 20:14:22 UTC 2007

Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 01:10:33 +0530
> Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>
>> Not really. The above two bugs are duplicates of something that yum does
>> and if there is indeed a bug you should just file or reassign it against
>> yum and not file different ones against individual graphical front end's.
>
> Hey, the tool I ran that didn't work was pirut (and even discovering that
> was difficult since I only get to it via a menu item labeled Add/Remove
> Software), so that's what I report the bug on. I don't have the psychic
> powers required to determine the bug is actually in some other component.

... which is why I am informing you that so that you can close the
duplicates and assign the bugs to yum if there is one.

> Some of the missing parts are also located exclusively in the fedora
> repos (like bogofilter and the libgsl it didn't download or claws-mail
> and the two libraries it neglected to fetch for it).

The packages in Fedora does work for me in a clean installation. If
there are individual packages that have a dependency issue in the
official Fedora repository then bugs should be filed against them
instead. The problems in any third party repository packages should be
reported to their bugzilla or mailing list. None of these seem to be a
yum issue.

Rahul