Fedora 7 CD iso files?

Knute Johnson linux at rabbitbrush.frazmtn.com
Sun Jun 3 20:54:53 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Knute Johnson wrote:
>
>> A lot of nice folks have offered alternatives to the DVD install here
>> but none of them are documented anywhere in enough detail that the
>> novice user could make them work.
>
> Have you looked at Fedora 7 installation guide at
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org? I would appreciate if you could detail
> what's missing in bugzilla or in fedora-docs list.
>
> Rahul

Rahul:

I did try to look at that yesterday but it was not available (I don't
know why).  Anyway, I just looked it over and that might actually get me
going.  My desktop has two drives.  The first has XP on it and the
second has F7 live.  Could I copy the DVD image to the NTFS XP partition
and install it from there?  My mail server that I want to upgrade only
has one drive and it is only 12GB.  Space could be problematic.  Can I
copy the DVD image to a USB jump drive?

When I installed the F7 live CD to my desktop there was no way to delete
only the LVM partitions that had F7t4 in them.  I had to delete all the
partitions.  If I could have kept one of those ext2 partitions that had
xubuntu on it could I have used that partition?

Thanks,