nVidia from Freshrpms, selinux

Christopher A. Williams chrisw at cawllc.com
Mon Jun 4 04:03:34 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-06-03 at 23:53 -0400, Claude Jones wrote:
> Installed the nVidia driver from Freshrpms on F7, along with the dkms package.
> When I rebooted, I got a bunch of nVidia denied messages. Someone had
> mentioned in another thread going to the nVidia forum and getting some
> suggestions about dealing with selinux; I found the following page and tried
> some of the suggestions - some of the commands pointed to files that didn't
> exist: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72490
> Those didn't help.
> I turned selinux off, uninstalled the nVidia driver, and reinstalled it. Now
> it appears to be working well with glxgears giving me nearly 3000 FPS.
> Can anyone suggest how to get selinux and the nVidia driver to play nice?

I got it to work with a little persistence.

I installed the Livna version of the driver, but I'll bet it's similar.
The post talks about the following 4 commands:

# chcon -t texrel_shlib_t /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/nvidia_drv.so
# chcon -t
texrel_shlib_t /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so.1.0.9631
# chcon -t texrel_shlib_t /usr/lib/tls/libnvidia-tls.so.1
# chcon -t texrel_shlib_t /usr/lib/libGLcore.so.1.0.9631

Change them as follows:

# chcon -t texrel_shlib_t /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/nvidia_drv.so
# chcon -t texrel_shlib_t /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so
# chcon -t texrel_shlib_t /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libGLcore.so

The command:
# chcon -t texrel_shlib_t /usr/lib/tls/libnvidia-tls.so.1

...didn't work for me as I could not locate this file, or anything like
it, on my system. If someone knows what happened to this file, I'd love
to hear about it!

Even without this, my system then came up just fine. I've not
successfully gotten to work on both my desktop and laptop.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Chris

--
Christopher A. Williams

Notice: This message and any files transmitted with it are intended
solely for the use of the individuals or entities to whom they are
addressed and may contain confidential information. If you have received
this email in error please notify the system manager. Please note that
any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally,
the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the
presence of viruses. CAW Holdings, LLC accepts no liability for any