Installing F7 by CD and not by DVD

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jun 4 11:01:00 UTC 2007

Tim:
>> Not around here.  Repeated assertions, on this list, that DVD drives are
>> not that expensive smacks of "let them eat cake."

David Boles:
> Really? They cost more than that where you are? How much more? I am talking
> about ordering  from The Internet, you order, you pay, you install (takes a
> screwdriver) and not from the local 'swindle shop' down the street.

As I'd already commented the other day, DVD burners are around $90
Australian, whether on-line, a computer wholesaler, a small computer
shop, all about the same as each other, unless there's a special.  To
save on doing currency conversions, that's around a days wages for a lot
of people, just a bit under for those who get paid a bit better.  But,
either way, it's not pocket money.  Even a simpler DVD-ROM might be
around $60-70.

> They don't do that where you are? Wherever that is. Again. Not my business.

On-line costs are similar to buying from a shop, sometimes more
expensive when you factor in postage and handling.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.