SATA and Fedora 7

Alessandro Brezzi alessandro.brezzi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 12:26:09 UTC 2007

Hi

2007/6/4, oleksandr korneta <atenrok at gmail.com>:

> Hello,
>
> I have Asus A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard with onboard SATA controller. I
> have a long experience using Fedora on this hardware but I never used
> SATA drives, only IDE. Now I got one, and decided to install Fedora7 on
> a new drive. I heard a lot of scary stories about installing windows on
> the boxes with SATA controllers, so I'm just curious -- are there any
> surprises I should be ready for, comparing to installation with the
> regular PATA hard drive?
>

> --
> regards,
> Oleksandr Korneta

I'm using SATA drives without any problem from FC1 up to now, both x66_64
and i386. One of my box is built around the same MoBo and I've installed a
pletora of different GNU/Linux with this in the SATA drives.
I've used SATA disks from Samsung (very reliable) Maxtor (2 years life
before crash) an now WD

HTH

PS: I've experienced problems with Windows XP installer when the SATA disk
was filled up with Linux partitions
--
Alessandro Brezzi