More upgrade goodness

alan alan at clueserver.org
Mon Jun 4 16:24:31 UTC 2007

On Mon, 4 Jun 2007, Mark Haney wrote:

> Has anyone mounted a DVD iso and used it via apache to upgrade a system?  I
> can use ftp I suppose, but it would require setting up ftp here and I"m not
> all the keen on doing it unless I absolutely have to.  I''ve read where
> apache doesn't like files greater than 2GB, but if the ISO is mounted it
> should only serve up the files it needs, not the entire ISO.  Right?

I am not certain how well that would work.

Then again, when I tried upgrading from F7t4 to F7 released, it got to the
package dependancies and then barfed with a bunch of Python errors.

--
"ANSI C says access to the padding fields of a struct is undefined.
ANSI C also says that struct assignment is a memcpy. Therefore struct