SATA and Fedora 7

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Mon Jun 4 17:26:30 UTC 2007

oleksandr korneta wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have Asus A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard with onboard SATA controller. I
> have a long experience using Fedora on this hardware but I never used
> SATA drives, only IDE. Now I got one, and decided to install Fedora7 on
> a new drive. I heard a lot of scary stories about installing windows on
> the boxes with SATA controllers, so I'm just curious -- are there any
> surprises I should be ready for, comparing to installation with the
> regular PATA hard drive?

I have the motherboard and no issues at all.  At first it was an issue
but after FC1 it was no problem.  It uses an Sil controller if I
remember correctly.  I also have PCI sata card in the computer for two
more SATA drives.

--
Due to the move to M$ Exchange Server,
    anything that is a priority, please phone.