Installing F7 by CD and not by DVD

David G. Miller dave at davenjudy.org
Tue Jun 5 01:07:00 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> It already does. There are Live CD available. If you are talking about
> regular non Live CD images I have already answered elsewhere in the same
> thread. Mirror push back, duplicate packages in different variants, more
> QA, documentation work, user confusion etc.
>
> Rahul
If I recall correctly, the DVD images prior to FC^h7 were basically a
wrapper around the individual CD images.  Why not leave that in place
even if you don't publish the actual CD images?  Someone has a DVD, they
use the DVD image as is.  Someone only has a CD, they download the DVD
image and split out the individual CDs.  That way everyone's happy.
Well, except Mike.  He's never happy. :-)

Cheers,
Dave

-- Ambrose Bierce