Need help w/ bcm43xx-mac80211 issues? (ndiswrapper, considered harmful)

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Jun 5 05:38:44 UTC 2007

On Monday 04 June 2007, David G. Miller wrote:
>Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:
>> It would be nice indeed if ndiswrapper would work, but its lsmod displayed
>> use count is 0.  If someone who has it working would please post that
>> snippet of their lsmod report so I could compare, I'd appreciate it.
>
>[dave at spindle ~]# lsmod | grep ndis
>ndiswrapper           231360  0
>
>This is from an x-paste from an xterm that I used to ssh into my laptop
>while it only had a wireless connection (air gap to the wire).  Looks
>like zero usage is normal.  For comparison, the wired driver usage looks
>like:
>
>[dave at spindle ~]# lsmod | grep 8139
>8139cp                 41856  0
>8139too                44992  0
>mii                    22656  2 8139cp,8139too
>

>Cheers,
>Dave

Ok, thanks David.  I've not had a lot of time to mess with it today, I took
the lappy up to Circuit City, and their guy had it browsing aol under an XP
boot in about 2 minutes, so I guess the radio is at least ok under XP.  Then
I saw a dermatologist & came away with two holes in my hide, and some of her
stitches are leaking now.  I may have too much aspirin in my system, so I'll
skip it tonight.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)