F7-Live-x86_64.iso?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Jun 5 05:57:21 UTC 2007

Knute Johnson <linux <at> rabbitbrush.frazmtn.com> writes:
> How do you get this on a CD?  All my CDs are 700mb and this thing is
> 781mb.  Do they make bigger CDs?  Can I write them with my drive?

That ISO is mostly supposed to go to a DVD, but they do in fact make "bigger"
CDs, they're called CD-R90 and CD-R99. Whether they'll work with your drive or
not, I don't know, not all drives support them, and as they aren't defined by
the CD-R standard, manufacturers are reluctant to guarantee compatibility with
them. Another option is to use the so-called "Mode 2 / XA", which cheaps out on
the error correction to gain space. Not exactly recommended for reliability,
but it should make that image fit.

        Kevin Kofler