cpuspeed issue, present in Fedora Core 6 and in Fedora 7

Christian Burger christian.burger at abtg.net
Tue Jun 5 16:29:15 UTC 2007

This issue has been plaguing me for a while.  I have an AMD x2 4400+ that
keeps throttling down to it's slowest speed: 1000Mhz.  No matter the load or
cpuspeed settings she will not throttle any higher.  After a complete power
down and startup the speed will be at 2200Mhz but only for a seemingly
random amount of time.  It's a Shuttle system SN95G5v3 with nforce3 250
chipset.  I also get a lot of ACPI "can't turn cooling device 'on'" messages
in dmesg.  I've googled for months now and can't find anything of relevance.
Any suggestions?