network monitoring(look into converstation)

pctech at mybellybutton.com pctech at mybellybutton.com
Tue Jun 5 17:10:47 UTC 2007

yogesh at banasdairy.coop wrote:

> On Tuesday 05 June 2007 11:10:40 yogesh banasdairy coop wrote:
>
>> > hi friends
>> >
>> > i ahev proxy server.and more than 15 pc are connected to proxy server.i
>> > want to monitoring the any activity that they will do.
>> > mainly i want to view /access chat data(yahoo,gmail etc chat)plus web
>> > access
>> >
>> > is there any tools for fedora cor3,4,5,6
>> >

> I wonder if that's ethical? Why do you need to access the chat data? Do you
> want to look into conversations?...
>

> ya i want to look into conversation

IMSpector is specifically designed to proxy instant message clients.  I know that it works for Yahoo, AIM, ICQ, and MSN Messenger.  I use it on my personal firewall at home, and as a part of my "Building a Linux Based Firewall" document.

I believe the URL for is it http://imspector.sourceforge.net/

-- Ambrose Bierce