Trying to burn F7 DVD.

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jun 5 18:13:29 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-05 at 11:36 -0600, clemens at dwf.com wrote:
> I have never burned a DVD before, so mabe Im doing something wrong.
>
> but, when I try with my copy of xcdroast 0.98alpha15 from FC6, I have
> to set the disk size (that should be automatic) and when I go to do
> the burn I get the error message
>     execv error while calling /usr/bin/cdrecord.prodvd (No such file
> or directory)
> So how am I suposed to burn the CD?

That sounds familiar, some rather annoying thing to do with needing
something extra to burn DVDs with xcdroast, which you had to jump
through hoops for.  It's so long since I played with it, I don't recall
what I did about it.

If you look up the command line tools man files for cdrecord or
growisofs, you might be able to work out for yourself how to burn a disc
from the command line.

e.g. growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/dvd=/file/path/to/disc.iso

Where /dev/dvd is your DVD writer (that's the usual default in FC6), and
after the = sign goes the ISO file you're going to burn (use the full
path to the file if it's not in the current working directory).

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.