How to get the update notifications working on a installed Fedora KDE Live CD? + wireless problems + RHGB

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 20:41:55 UTC 2007

> Do you have pirut installed?

Yes i have it.
i`ve had this problem before and than i couldn`t find it out and just
reinstalled fedora.. but that can`t possibly be the solution

Have you examined the output from dmesg? It might give you a clue.

i did now.. no display related errors.. (can`t find it) though i do see
alot!! wlan errors.
i suspect that it`s because i don`t have a "xorg-x11-drv-intel" (if that`s
even existing) cause with nvidia you also need the "xorg-x11-drv-nv (or
nvidia)" to get the gui boot working.

That intel driver is not in the ferora repository.. assuming it even exists.