F7/Thunderbird 2 Problem

Norm maillist at sios.ca
Wed Jun 6 02:07:24 UTC 2007

Carlos Alberto Alves wrote:
> Norm wrote:
>> A new install of Fedora 7 went well using the rescue disk to start
>> the process.
>> I added Thunderbird as my email client after the basic install, the
>> first thing I noticed is Thunderbird 2 does not allow for RSS feeds -
>> this seems to be a Mozilla issue  but another issue with Thunderbird
>> has occurred.  For a while it works fine and then when I attempt to
>> open an email it shuts down, usually but not always a reboot resets
>> Thunderbird so that it works for a while and then the problem starts
>> over again.
>> Has anyone else experienced this?  I am not sure if this is a
>> Thunderbird issue or a Fedora issue so I have not submitted a bug
>> report.
>>

> 1- Thunderbird allows RSS Feeds. I am currently receiving 8 of them.
> Just create a RSS Feed as you do with an e-mail account.
> 2- Never experienced any problems with Thunderbird, but I do not
> install it during fresh installs or upgrades. I download a new file
> from Mozilla and extract it (as root) in /usr/local. You have to
> create a launcher manually.
> HTH,
There is a problem with Thunderbird to and RSS feeds not everyone seems
to be able to receive them, my guess is new installs do not, also some
that can receive them after updating thunderbird can not add new feeds
as this bug was reported over a month ago I assume it is not a Fedora bug
There is no option to create RSS feeds the same way as an email account
is created in the Thunderbird/F7 setup, yes there was in the
ThunderbirdFC6 option
In the past I have never had a problem with Thunderbird ,  skipping the
Fedora roll of Thunderbird go straight to the mozilla site may solve the
problem .