How to move desktop settings from FC6 to F7?

Vivek J. Patankar list307 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 13:12:20 UTC 2007

Pavel Lisý wrote:
> Is there any recommended solution how to move desktop settings from FC6
> to F7.
> I am making new installation every time (with new Fedora) on new
> partition on my home PC. Making new desktop setup is not problem for me
> but my wife is really disappointed when she have to reset everything
> each half year.
> Is it now any known solution of this problem?

When I upgraded from FC5 to FC6, I just copied the home folder over from
the old installations backup with no major problems. The transition from
FC6 to F7 was not that smooth. All my gnome settings were totally
borked. I had to delete the new home folder and recreate it from
/etc/skel. I did manage to rescue my application settings by copying the
individual .whatever folders to the new home, but I had to redo the
desktop settings all over again.

--
Regards,
विवेक ज. पाटणकर (Vivek J. Patankar)