torrents: Fedora 7 CD iso files

John Reiser jreiser at BitWagon.com
Wed Jun 6 14:34:51 UTC 2007

> Is there a download URL for the CD iso files?

No, the Fedora Project decided not to produce CDs for Fedora 7.

If you have the DVD .iso, then you can create CD .isos in about 20 minutes
by using pungi:
https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/pungi/wiki/PungiDocs/RunningPungi

I did this with the Fedora-7-i386-DVD.iso.  I did "yum install pungi",
pre-loaded the directory /srv/pungi/cache with all the *.rpm on the DVD,
changed the file /etc/pungi/f7-fedora.i386 to allow 5 discs of size "600",
then ran "sudo pungi -c /etc/pungi/f7-fedora.i386".

The resulting .isos are temporarily available as individual torrents at
   http://bitwagon.com:6969
Now, let's see how many takers there are.
[This offer may be revoked at any time for any reason or no reason.]

I burned a physical CD-R from the .iso for disc1.  It booted, passed media check,
and got into the custom harddrive partitioner before I quit; but I did not
run a complete install.