zd1211 + wpa-psk

John W. Linville linville at redhat.com
Wed Jun 6 14:52:01 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 10:14:27AM -0400, Terry Polzin wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 June 2007 09:05:11 John W. Linville wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 07:40:50PM -0400, Terry Polzin wrote:
> > > wpa_supplicant tells me that zd1211rw is an invalid  driver.
> > >
> > > Has anyone experience to share with this driver and wpa-psk?
> >
> > How are you running wpa_supplicant?  Manually?  Or via NetworkManager?
>

> Manually, NetworkManager or Avahi-daemon seems to create contention of
> somekind while trying to get an IP.
>
> [/etc/sysconfig/wpa_supplicant] Note my DRIVERS comment
>
> # wlan0 and wifi0
> # INTERFACES="-iwlan0 -iwifi0"
> #INTERFACES="-iwlan0"
> INTERFACES="-ieth1"
> # ndiswrapper and prism
> # DRIVERS="-Dndiswrapper -Dprism"
> #DRIVERS="-Dndiswrapper"
> #DRIVERS="-Dzd1211rw"
> DRIVERS="-Dwext" # This setting new something to try this evening @ home

This is what I suspected (assuming based on comment that you have not
yet tried "-Dwext").  The "driver" for wpa_supplicant has to do with
the interface to the kernel, not necessarily the specific wireless
hardwre driver.

My bet is that "-Dwext" will be much more sucessful for you.

Hth!

John
--
John W. Linville