Boot temporarilly stalls on "Bringing up interface eth0"

Dylan Semler dylan.semler at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 15:31:20 UTC 2007

On 6/6/07, Jim Cornette <fc-cornette at insight.rr.com> wrote:

> Regarding using the GUI tools instead of command line tools, I use the
> GUI tools if available. Why not if they setup items correctly.

That's true.  It's just much more cumbersome to explain the steps when
troubleshooting.

If you open up a terminal and run /sbin/lspci, what is the output for
> the Ethernet?
> There is some bug for one NIC type. This might be the one if it causes
> so much trouble. I think it was E1000 but cannot recall the specifics of
> the Ethernet card that has problems.

If it's a laptop, is NIC still the right term?  Anyways the device is
02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8169
Gigabit Ethernet (rev 10)

It was working in all previous Fedora releases and I think this is a pretty
common laptop ethernet controller so I'm not skeptical about it being a bug,
but who knows.  Is there any way to get more output/debug info when enabling
the device?

--
Dylan

Type faster.  Use Dvorak: