Missing dependencies on latest updates

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 20:29:24 UTC 2007

On 6/6/07, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 06/06/07, Kam Leo <kam.leo at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 6/6/07, John Lagrue <jlagrue at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Thanks for the advice Tom, butI'm not sure that this is the same problem
> > >
> > > Running package-cleanup --problems gives me nothing. There don't
> > > appear to be any problems - until I try to apply the new updates.
> > >
> > > FWIW, the updares are:
> > >
> > > Updated faad2 packages
> > > Updated libdca packages
> > > Updated selinux-policy packages
> > > Updated vcdimager packages
> > > Updated x264 packages
> > >

> > > JDL
> > >
> > > [snip]
> >
> > The packages come from Livna. Bug Livna or wait for the updates to bubble up.
>
> Not so fast, don't jump to conclusions. Livna's libdca for F7 is as
> old as Dec 2006:
> http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/7/x86_64/
>
> The yum dep failures can also mean that another repository upgrades
> libdca to an incompatible version.

That goes with the territory when using 3rd-party repositories.

The applications/packages that the OP desires comes from Livna. He can
either choose/find another 3rd-party repository that offers those
packages or submit a bug report to Livna. I would recommend patience.
As I recall, Livna encountered hardware problems. They may be a little
slow in getting updates out.