F7 install problems -

Bob Goodwin - W2BOD bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu Jun 7 15:41:50 UTC 2007

I don't know what to do next, describing all the things I've done in the
last three days would fill a small book!

I have the DVD iso file on the hard drive on this computer along with
the rescue CD iso file.

I made the rescue DC without a problem, it seems to work normally.

The install DVD has been an absolute horror.  I have tried everything I
can think of and all the things suggested to me on this list to no
avail.  I still have an error message "That directory could not be
mounted from the server."

I have two DVD's my daughter made somehow on her Mac, one a .iso file,
apparently she realized that was not what I wanted and there's a second
disk with the images burnt to it.  I have tried various schemes to use
them with an NFS install, no luck.  Always that same error message.

The DVD should boot the computer I believe?  It does not.  The rescue CD
does.  As did the FC5 DVD I used about a year ago, the F7 DVD seems to
be a dud.

I have tried booting with the F7 rescue disk and then inserting the F7
DVD when it asks for the installation "CD," nothing happens, it just
keeps asking for the "CD."

I'm 76 years old and have trouble seeing the computer screen and I'm
beginning to suspect that I may not live long enough to see F7 installed
here on either of the two computers I've tried it on.  I've installed
every version of RH Linux since RH-5.2 though the Fedora releases and
never had a problem like this.

Do these symptoms mean anything to anyone?  I can provide detail when
asked for specifics ...

Bob Goodwin