Uninstall inconsistency: librsvg2 (BUG!!)

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Thu Jun 7 16:02:24 UTC 2007

On Thursday 07 June 2007 17:03, dexter wrote:
> On Thu June 7 2007 10:39:17 Renich Bon Ciric wrote:
> > On Thu, 2007-06-07 at 09:21 +0200, Manuel Arostegui Ramirez wrote:
> > > Have you either filled the bug or looked if someone else already did
> > > it?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Manuel Arostegui Ramirez.
> > >
> > > Electronic Mail is not secure, may not be read every day, and should
> > > not
> > > be used for urgent or sensitive issues.
> >
> > I haven't... this bug has been arround since FC{4,5}. Just posting it to
> > see if anybody knows anything and then file the bug.
>
> yes seen it, reopen #214855 and chime in your issues. I ripped it out with:
> rpm -e --noscripts librsvg2
>
> ...dex

I remember it on my 3 instances of FC5. It was a job to remove on the first
one, trying to remove it with synaptic. I thought it may have been a glitch,
so did an apt-get dist-upgrade on the 2nd one, and the problem was there
again. This time I used the rpm -e option, and I was a bit more canny on the
3rd one, and upgraded librsvg2 before doing the dist-upgrade, and it upgraded
ok with no problems.

I don't remember the problem on FC6, but may have scrutinised the packages to
be updated before doing the apt-get dist-upgrade, and upgraded it first. as
with my 3rd FC5. I'm not in FC6 at the mo, otherwise I'd look at rpm -q -a
--last, and see at which point it was installed.

I am surprised that it's still causing problems with some folks in FC7, as it
has been discussed a bit, and was listed as a bug.

It has to be something to do with the order that packages are installed in, as
if you upgrade librsvg2 first, then there are no problems. IIRC when I tried
to remove it on the 1st FC5 with synaptic, some Gimp packages needed to be
removed as well, so whether an upgrade to Gimp, before the librsvg2 package,
caused the problem I've no idea.

Just 2¢ worth of probably useless information.

Nigel.