FC7 user dead

antonio montagnani antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 19:56:30 UTC 2007

2007/6/7, mack <mack.sessoms at gmail.com>:
> in this situation, i usually log in as root and go after everything in /tmp
> that has the non-working userid in the file or directory name, log out root,
> try to log back in as user

what is strange is that if I log as root I find many processes still
running under the sleeping user (i.e.gam_server, esd,
bonobo-activation-server, nautilus)

And after logging out from that user also the session closure window
freezes and the only way to log out is by Ctrl+Alt+Backspace!!!

Maybe the only way is to delete the user and re-create it, using all
backup files..

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag