OpenOffice problems on F7

Quentin Spencer qspencer at ieee.org
Fri Jun 8 15:27:09 UTC 2007

I recently upgraded from FC6 using the DVD. It looks great, and
everything is working fine except OpenOffice, which is silently failing
at startup. I started using the desktop links, then the command line to
start it. I removed it and reinstalled from the yum repositories, and
still the same result. It's possible there's a missing or corrupted
library somewhere, but I get no error messages, so I have no idea where
to start. I even tried running
/usr/lib/openoffice.org/program/soffice.bin in gdb. It loads a couple of
libraries and then gives me "Program exited with code 0116." The odd
thing is, I've upgraded 3 computers and I'm seeing the same behavior on
all of them. Has anyone else seen this? Any ideas on how to debug this?

Quentin