Volume Control on Fedora 7

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jun 9 07:50:12 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-08 at 17:20 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> Alsamixer has Mike 1 and Mike 2 and I have no idea what a mike plugged
> into the soundcard is called!

That's often for systems which have rear panel and front panel mike
sockets that can be used independently.  You might want to try one or
the other (sockets and/or volume controls).

Sometimes the mic input isn't sensitive enough, and the preference to
boost the mic signal (in the volume controls) needs to be turned on.

NB:  That's general audio advice, I don't use skype.

--
(This box runs FC7, my others still run FC4, FC5, & FC6 in case that's
 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.