F7 system-config-printer, can't change server settings

Jim Hayward jimhayward at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 9 14:00:15 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I was trying to share a printer on my system, but system-config-printer
will not accept the changes.

I run system-config-printer, select Server Settings, select Share
published printers connected to this system, then click apply. The
change is never made. I apparently can't change any of the other Server
setting either.

I ran system-config-printer from the command line looking for error
messages and I see this..

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/system-config-printer/system-config-printer.py", line 1099, in on_btnApply_clicked
    err = self.apply()
  File "/usr/share/system-config-printer/system-config-printer.py", line 1110, in apply
    return self.save_serversettings()
  File "/usr/share/system-config-printer/system-config-printer.py", line 3109, in save_serversettings
    self.cups.adminSetServerSettings(setting_dict)
RuntimeError: Failed to set settings

I don't remember having a problem with this on FC6. I was able to share
printers without problems. Can anyone else reproduce this on F7 x86_64?
I checked bugzilla, but I don't see any bug reports filed for this
issue.

Regards,
	Jim H
--