F7 and WPA

Christopher A. Williams chrisw at cawllc.com
Sat Jun 9 14:28:33 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-06-09 at 15:10 +0100, John Lagrue wrote:
> Has anybody managed to get F7 working on WPA?
>
> I usually run ndiswrapper, but was persuaded to try bw-cutter after
> installing F7. It seems to work too, because it detects Wi-Fi points
> correctly - but it won't connect ever; just keeps asking for the
> wireless key.
>
> This is with NetworkManager and Gnome.

I've had this happen a couple of times before realizing that Network
Manager had incorrectly detected the key type. Make sure you know which
type you need (WPA, WPA2 Personal, WEP Hex, WEP Passphrase, etc.)

Once I fixed that part (WPA2 Personal in my case), everything connected
right up.

Cheers,

Chris

--
Christopher A. Williams

Notice: This message and any files transmitted with it are intended
solely for the use of the individuals or entities to whom they are
addressed and may contain confidential information. If you have received
this email in error please notify the system manager. Please note that
any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally,
the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the
presence of viruses. CAW Holdings, LLC accepts no liability for any