Firewire in F7

Derek Tattersall tatters at newsguy.com
Sun Jun 10 15:38:08 UTC 2007

I just installed F7 yesterday. I am wondering, did something change in
the way firewire works in this release?

I have an external firewire disk, that worked just fine on this machine
when it was running kernel 2.6.20 under FC6. Now it doesn't work under
kernel 2.6.21 and F7. I also notice that the module ohci1394 is missing
in this kernel.

So what do I need to do to connect a firewire disk now?

Also, when is kernel 2.6.22 going to come out? According to what I can
tell, support for my dvb card (a pchd5500) is broken in 2.6.21. It may
be fixed in kernel 2.6.22.

Thanks.

Derek Tattersall                    tatters at newsguy.com