OT: Salon Software

jack wallen jlwallen at monkeypantz.net
Mon Jun 11 01:46:25 UTC 2007

Hello everyone.

I realize this is off topic but what I need WILL but used on a Fedora 7
system so I thought I could get away with asking here.

  I am a stylist in a salon. I also write for CNET. I've been using
Linux as my only OS for nearly 10 years now. Unfortunately I'm not a
developer...

all that being said.

I'm looking for something to use as a salon software. I've looked at a
lot of CMS solutions and tried to "make them work" to fit our needs but
I'm coming up a bit short.

Here are the needs:

It has to run on Linux
It has to be open source
It needs to have a calendar that can book clients for up to nine stylists
It needs to be able to have client information (contact information,
color formulas, etc)
It needs to be able to keep notes on various things.

I've tried to use a combination of tools like phpmywebsite, squirrelmail
(and it's calendar), xoops, TikiWiki. They all have good features but
there are certain things that aren't working. For example:

I could use SquirrelMail for the booking calendar easily. I COULD use
the addressbook for client information but it only holds a bare miniumum
of information.

I could use phpmywebsite but the calendar isn't really robust enough.

I could use XOOPS but there's no real way to create client information.

Is there a CMS or some such that I'm over looking that could work for us?

I really appreciate any suggestions.
--
jack wallen, jr. www.monkeypantz.net
It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong. - Voltaire