Starnge boot issue - udevd-event[953]

Ed Gurski ed at gurski.com
Mon Jun 11 12:10:54 UTC 2007

Yesterday I applied the latest FC7 updates and noticed that the Gnome
panel had failed. I restarted X,  and the problem kept re-appearing ( I
did resolve it on another machine). So I decided to reboot the machine
(init 6). Now when it comes back I notice a ton of udev-event for dev/*.
The event codes are 935, 950, 987 and 992.

I then get dropped to a message to enter root password or continue. I
first thought it was a filesystem error and ran fsck. However that did
not fix the problem. Any suggestions?