Conditionally disabling ypbind

Sultan Saini javagrendel at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 17:12:57 UTC 2007

Never mind :)

I figured out that ypbind was set to use broadcast to resolve NIS
servers. I've added explicit server entries to /etc/yp.conf for
internal NIS servers at work. Now when ypbind starts, it tries each
server listed in turn, and simply FAILs when it can't find any of
them.

RTFM works! Whodathunkit? :)

-Sultan.

--