googleearth shutdown X server

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Mon Jun 11 18:30:20 UTC 2007

On Mon June 11 2007 12:37:18 antonio montagnani wrote:
> I had exactly the same problem (shutdown of server when
> touching the OpenGL option),
> I disinstalled drivers and reinstalled (have a look at Xorg
> log file if any error occurs at GLX driver start-up)

I'll check for errors, but, it's not the OpenGL option
I'm 'touching' (by your formulation, I'm assuming you're
referring to the "OpenGL Settings" option) -- I'm clicking on an
informational button "Open GL/GLX Information" when I cause my x
server to shut down. If you're going to reply to this, please
look at what I'm describing, and use precise language, because
right now, your responses to what I'm saying don't reflect what
I'm talking about and its hard to tell whether we're talking
about the same issue

As to Steve's question about running prelink, I don't know, and I
am not near the machine to tell - nor am I sure how to tell when
I get back to the machine since I don't know what 'prelink' is,
but if you tell me what to do, I'll be glad to check it.

Lonnie: When this becomes a bit clearer, I'll try to file that
bug report
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA