googleearth shutdown X server

Jonathan Berry berryja at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 03:52:35 UTC 2007

On 6/11/07, Claude Jones <claude_jones at levitjames.com> wrote:
> On Monday June 11 2007 10:51:20 pm Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Looks to me like its doing as you/I requested, Claude. Direct Rendering
> > says yes, and gives two very long lists of its abilities.
> >

> Well, guess what - I just tried my nvidia server settings gui again, and now
> it's working - now, I haven't done diddly-squat to this machine - I just got
> home!

But did you reboot in the process? (or do you leave it running all the
time?)  I noticed that with the Livna drivers, I had to reboot after
updating a little while back to properly fix things (SELinux issues).
After a reboot, all was well.  Perhaps you ran into something similar?
 Very strange though.  Glad things are resolved at least. :-)

Jonathan