nxclient under F7

Alexander Apprich a.apprich at science-computing.de
Tue Jun 12 05:48:14 UTC 2007

Hi Joachim,

Joachim Backes wrote:
> Tom Horsley wrote:
>> On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 07:59:58 +0200
>> Joachim Backes <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Can somebody help? All advices are appreciated.
>>
>> Disable selinux and try it, I'm pretty sure that was how things
>> looked when I inadvertently left selinux enabled in my of
>> my installs.
>
> Hi Tom, thanks for your answer, but
>
> my selinux on the NX server side had already been disabled.
> Further, nxclient on F7 can operate with NX on F7, but not with NX on an
> FC6 server, but still nxclient on WinXP operates with NX on FC6 server.
>
> It seems that nxclient/F7 is not able to operate with NX/FC6-server.

have you tried it w/ only a xterm -ls instead of a gnome-session? I
run the nx-client same version as you w/ a nx-server 2.1.0-22 on
a opensuse 10.2 and it works almost out-of-the-box.

Also, what does the server log say about the session?

Alex
--
Alexander Apprich                science + computing ag
Senior System Engineer           Hagellocher Weg 71-75

s+c certificates via  http://www.science-computing.de/cacert.crt
--
Vorstand/Board of Management:
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/