A word of Thanks - Fedora 7 is awesome !

Kevin Kempter kevin at kevinkempterllc.com
Tue Jun 12 17:32:49 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 12 June 2007 11:27:47 Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> On 6/12/07, Kevin Kempter <kevin at kevinkempterllc.com> wrote:

> > > What rumors did you hear?
> >
> > I remember seeing emails about KDE being pushed to the extras and no
> > longer would KDE be part of the Fedora initial install. However it was
> > available in the install process just as it has been in the past.

> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > > Rahul
>
> Extras and Core have been merged, so technically KDE is in Extras.

I see that now, obviously there was some crying that the sky was falling per
installing KDE in future (i.e. post FC6) releases. Obviously the KDE install
is still a selection during the initial install just as in the past (i.e. the
sky failed to fall).

In any case I am highly impressed, just wanted to express my gratitude to
those responsible - it's a great release...