Launcher gizmo from su to sudo ??

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Tue Jun 12 18:26:58 UTC 2007

Hi;

I originally asked this question on the Gnome list and got this quoted
response:

> > Is there a relatively simple way to change admin/system programs
called
> > by gnome launchers so that they ask for / accept the users password
and
> > the sudoers file and configuration instead of only the root
password?

> I think that's distribution specific.  Fedora, for example, asks for
> the root password (or at least it did up to FC5, the last one I used).
>  Ubuntu asks for the user's password.  I believe the app used is
> gksu(do).

I have just done a clean Fedora 7 install, replacing FC6.  I'll ask on
the Fedora list.

So, I am asking.  Can I change the su launcher gizmo to a sudo qizmo
with out ripping things apart?  e.g. change something in the launcher
command line?
--
Regards Bill