Advice on upgrading FC6 to F7

Sultan Saini javagrendel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 20:59:39 UTC 2007

On 6/12/07, »Steven Ringwald« <asric at asric.com> wrote:
> My advice, for what it is worth, is to not mess with a running system
> unless you have to. FC6 sounds like it is working for you, and it will
> be supported for at least another six months (until F8 comes out). When
> I am counseling someone on upgrading, I have them look at the release
> notes to decide if there is something in the new version that they
> *need*, because there is always a little hassle involved in upgrading a
> system. I personally will wait about a month or so after release to
> think about deployment, just because there is always some minor issue.
>
> Steve

Thats precisely what I've been thinking too. I have no real need to
upgrade at the moment, other than the thrill of living on the bleeding
edge :-)

However, seeing as I work on this machine and therefore can't really
afford the down time (it took me the better part of a week of
tinkering to get everything working just right) I'm going to take your
advice and stick with FC6.

-Sultan.