N00bie questions about encrypted file systems.

Dean S. Messing deanm at sharplabs.com
Wed Jun 13 02:16:24 UTC 2007

Dean Messing writes:
: Peter Connolly wrote:
: : eCryptFS.  Nice article in Linux Journal:
: : http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/9400.
:
: Thanks to all those who responded with help.
:
: As I read the above (very interesting!) article,
: I checked on my FC6 laptop (running the
: 2.6.20-1.2952.fc6 kernel) to see if encrptyfs was
: there.
:
: A `locate -i encryptfs' turns up nothing, as does
: `yum info '*encrpytfs*'.  Is this stuff absent
: from FC6?  (Tell me it ain't so. I have no time
: to install F7 right now.)  The article said that
: encryptfs was available in the kernel as of
: 2.6.19.
:
: Clues?
:
: Dean

The clue is that you can't read, you nincompoop.
(This is me writing to ME, in case you
are reaching for your flamethrower. :-)

The string, "encryptfs", in the commands above should have been
"ecryptfs", which is in the kernel.

Dean