permissions on the html directory

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jun 13 03:47:20 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-12 at 14:49 -0500, Scott Berry wrote:
> What are the permissions granted on the html directory when Fedora 7 is
> first installed?  I think I might have changed them on accident.

Just in case you also have a SELinux issue, here's the contexts mine
had, by default:

]$ ls -Zd /var/www/
drwxr-xr-x  root root system_u:object_r:httpd_sys_content_t /var/www/

$ ls -Z /var/www/
drwxr-xr-x  root      root system_u:object_r:httpd_sys_script_exec_t cgi-bin
drwxr-xr-x  root      root system_u:object_r:httpd_sys_content_t error
drwxr-xr-x  root      root system_u:object_r:httpd_sys_content_t html
drwxr-xr-x  root      root system_u:object_r:httpd_sys_content_t icons
drwxr-xr-x  root      root system_u:object_r:httpd_sys_content_t manual
drwxr-xr-x  webalizer root system_u:object_r:httpd_sys_content_t usage

The restorecon command can be used to restore them, rather than the
brute-force relabelling of everything, if you need to.

--
(This box runs FC7, my others still run FC4, FC5, & FC6 in case that's
 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.