Fedora vs OpenSuse

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Wed Jun 13 07:51:55 UTC 2007

Jacob (=Jouk) Jansen wrote:

> My University wants to force us all to use OpenSuse. Up to now I'm a happy
> Fedora user. So can you help to find more arguments why I should keep using
> Fedora?

Often the decision to require that users within a given community use a
given distribution is based purely on what that community's support
organization can afford in time, money, training, etc..

Your university is a community and probably has a support group as not all
students are savvy enough to do everything themselves.

You could always transfer.  :-)

Ed